Round variety, with a dark green outer skin and bright red flesh. The fruits are 20 to 25cm in diameter, weigh between 3 to 4 kg and have very few seeds.
Type of soil: Rich and well drained.
Sowing time: April / May. The seeds need warmth to germinate.
Harvest time: From July onwards.
Site: Full sun.
Sow directly in the ground:
- Sow in small pockets with 3 seeds in each, leave a distance of 2 metres all the way round. Cover with a mix of soil and compost (or rich compost). Water using a fine spray.
- Keep the strongest plant from each pocket once they have come through.
- If you live in a cold region then you can sow the seeds in pots under cover.
- Mulch the ground to avoid the fruits getting dirty and to help retain moisture.
- Water regularly.
- is recommended to keep only two fruits per plant.