A variety with small slender hanging fruits. They are about 8cm long and bright red in colour. Very hot flavour.
Type of soil: Rich and well drained. Deeply dug.
Sowing time: From February to April.
Harvest time: End of July to the first frosts.
Minimum temperature: The soil temperature must be above 20°C for germination to occur.
Site: Full sun.
- Sow three to four seeds per pot. Cover lightly and water well.
- Choose the strongest plant from each pot once they have come through.
- Check the pots every day to ensure they are moist to avoid the plants dehydrating.
- At the end of May the young plants can be planted out in the vegetable plot, make sure there is 50cm between each plant.
Care and pruning:
- Mulch the soil to keep the ground moist.
- Pinch out the end of the stems once the plant has ten fruits.
- Water regularly.
- You can harvest the first peppers whilst they are green and let the others ripen and change colour.