An early and very productive variety that has pairs of pods. The pods can reach 25cm long and contain up to 6 medium sized beans.
Type of soil: Rich, light and moist.
Sowing time: From February to April-May.
Harvest time: From May to August.
Site: Partial shade to full sun.
Sow directly in the ground:
- Make furrows that are 50cm apart and sow a seed every 2 to 3cm.
- You could also sow them in little groups of 5 to 6 seeds that are spaced 50cm apart.
- Cover lightly with soil and water copiously.
- Keep the soil moist but not overly wet until the flowers appear, then water more regularly once the pods begin to form.
- You can stake any plants that grow rapidly. This allows you to install a net to protect the crop from being eaten by the birds.
- Harvest the pods as required once the peas are a good size and nice and green.